Don’t pour those drippings from your Thanksgiving turkey down the drain. Instead, store your fats, oils, and grease (FOG) in containers and bring it to the 16th Annual Grease Collection and Recycling Event Jan. 9.
Grease collections will take place from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at six locations around Pima County, thanks to a partnership with the Pima County Regional Wastewater Reclamation Department and Grecycle, the Town of Sahuarita, Jacobs, and Gold Star Pumping.
Grease Collection Locations:
- O’Rielly Chevrolet, 6160 E. Broadway Blvd.
- Tucson City Council Ward 3 Office, 1510 E. Grant Rd.
- Pima Community College – Northwest Campus, 7600 N. Shannon Rd.
- Kino Sports Complex, 2500 E. Ajo Way
- Sahuarita Town Hall Complex, 375 W. Sahuarita Center Way
- Pima Community College – West Campus, 2202 W. Anklam Road
The grease collected from the grease collection events will be recycled into biodiesel, a cleaner-burning fuel that can reduce dependence on crude oil. Your participation also helps keep our sanitary sewer system and water reclamation facilities run efficiently and reduces greenhouse gases.
Be sure to wear a mask when dropping off your grease for the safety of participants and volunteers. And remember you can also always recycle your grease year-round at Wastewater’s Agua Nueva Water Reclamation Facility/Jacobs, 2947 W. Calle Agua Nueva. Finally, for more information on the year-round drop-off, call 520-405-0438.
Check out our blog for more about current environmental news!