SAEMS 2018-2019 Scholarships Awarded
Since the SAEMS scholarships began in 1991, more than $220,000 in awards have been made to deserving University of Arizona students in the environmental field. Thank you to attendees and sponsors of the RCRA seminar, who each help to make the annual SAEMS scholarship awards possible!
Thank you as well to B.J. Cordova, Noelle Espinosa, Carlos Lopez, and Dawn Weyer for assisting with the selection of this year’s scholarship winners!
If you are interested in being Chair or serving on the SAEMS Education Committee/scholarship review for the next year, please speak with any member of the SAEMS Board. The applications are typically updated in December and released by early January, with a March due date before committee review. Interviews are typically held in April, with awardees announced in May.
Congratulations to five outstanding University of Arizona students studying toward careers in fields related to the SAEMS mission, who are being awarded a total of $7,000 in scholarships for the upcoming 2019-2020 academic year! Out of 28 highly deserving applications with scholarship requests of more than $67,000, they rose to the top!
- Jenna Honan, a Graduate student in Environmental Health Sciences, with a minor in Biosystems Engineering, was awarded a $1,750 scholarship.
- Jake Meyers, a Graduate student in Development Practice, was awarded a $1,750 scholarship.
- Amber Davis, an Undergraduate student in Chemical Engineering, with a minor in Mathematics, was awarded a $1,750 scholarship.
- Nicolas Lopez-Galvez, a Graduate student in Environmental Health Sciences, with a minor in Epidemiology, was awarded a $1,250 scholarship.
- Warren Kadoya, a Graduate student in Environmental Engineering with an Interdisciplinary minor, was awarded a $500 scholarship.