The SAEMS Scholarship
Undergraduate and Graduate Scholarships for students in an environmental field of study.
To encourage students planning to work in the environmental field or focus on solutions to environmental problems, each spring SAEMS awards scholarships to students pursuing a career in an environmental field. SAEMS scholarship awards total over $215,000 since the very first awards in 1991.
As of February 26, 2020, the application is available for current University of Arizona students, who are continuing in the 2020-2021 academic year and pursuing a career in the Environmental, Health, and Safety field.
To be eligible, you must at the time of application:
- Plan on pursuing a career in the environmental arena
- Be a full-time University of Arizona undergraduate (12 units+/semester) or grad (3-9 units)
- Have a 2.5+ GPA & satisfactory degree progress
- Be continuing for the 2020-2021 school year at the University of Arizona
- SAEMS student membership (free) strongly encouraged
To avoid problems with application submissions, please edit and save application responses on your own computer or drive, before pasting into the form for submission. Only one response will be accepted per person.
Scholarship application link: https://forms.gle/Z1bsgAnA5VivCuF86 (requires University of Arizona email; applications from other schools/email addresses will not be reviewed)
Please submit the scholarship application form after final December 2020 grades post, no later than May 1, 2020 (note: extended from original due date of April 5, 2020):
- Scholarships to be awarded ($500 to $2,500) are sent to winners’ UA bursar accounts
- Awards are divided between Fall & Spring semesters, except for $500 one-time scholarship awarded in the Fall only.
- Scholarship winners are invited as guests to introduce themselves at an upcoming SAEMS lunch meeting
Thank you for your interest in the SAEMS scholarship!