The SAEMS Scholarship
Undergraduate and Graduate Scholarships for students in an environmental field of study.
To encourage students planning to work in the environmental field or focus on solutions to environmental problems, each spring SAEMS awards scholarships to students pursuing a career in an environmental field. SAEMS scholarship awards total over $215,000 since the very first awards in 1991.
As of March 30, 2019, the application is available for current University of Arizona students, who are continuing in the 2019-2020 academic year and pursuing a career in the Environmental, Health, and Safety field.
To be eligible, you must at the time of application:
- Plan on pursuing a career in the environmental arena
- Be a full-time University of Arizona undergraduate (12 units+/semester) or grad (3-9 units)
- Have a 2.5+ GPA & satisfactory degree progress
- Be continuing for the 2019-2020 school year at the University of Arizona
- SAEMS student membership strongly encouraged
To avoid problems with application submissions, please edit and save application responses on your own computer or drive, before pasting into the form for submission. Only one response will be accepted per person.
Please submit the scholarship application form after final December 2019 grades post, no later than April 28, 2019:
- Finalists will be contacted to interview with the SAEMS Scholarship Committee
- Scholarship awards ($500 to $4,000) are sent to UA bursar accounts
- Tuition & book scholarship awards (typically at least $1,000) divided between Fall & Spring
- $500 research/travel/training/project awards are provided in the Fall semester
- Scholarship winners are asked to introduce themselves at a SAEMS lunch meeting
Thank you for your interest in the SAEMS scholarship!