Website Tucson Airport Authority
Landing Prosperity in Southern Arizona
The Tucson Airport Authority (TAA), formed in 1948, is dedicated to providing Tucsonans and visitors to Southern Arizona with excellence in aviation services and facilities, hallmarked by unparalleled safety, security and customer service. Running airports is our passion and we are great at it!
Why join our team? Not only are we passionate about aerospace, TAA’s most valuable resource is our people. Come join a culture that encourages and celebrates diversity, creativity, growth and collaboration. TAA offers competitive salaries, benefit packages, and education reimbursement benefits to promote work-life balance and improve employee lives, both personally and professional. Apply today and join the TAA team!
Under general supervision and administrative direction, directs and coordinates environmental management, planning, sustainability and compliance activities for Tucson International Airport (TUS) and Ryan Airfield (RYN); serves as the Tucson Airport Authority (TAA) subject matter expert on environmental matters; coordinate and ensure that TAA remain in compliance with Consent Decree obligations associated with the Tucson International Airport Area Superfund Site.
The following functions and all other functions not included in this job description are to be performed in the best interests and for the greater good of TAA.
- Serve as leader, expert, and technical resource for all matters involving environmental management, sustainability, compliance, planning and stewardship.
- Manage compliance with applicable federal, state, and local environmental permitting programs; regulatory notification and reporting requirements; payment of required permit and use fees; and preparation and maintenance of environmental records.
- Oversee or perform programmatic/site-specific environmental planning, assessment and management for TAA grant funded programs, including environmental site assessments, Categorical Exclusions, Environmental Assessments, and Environmental Impact Statements.
- Manage the preparation of environmental and National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) documents in accordance with Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and Arizona Department of Transportation (ADOT) requirements.
- Oversee and direct TAA’s sustainability initiatives, development and implementation of TAA’s sustainability plan.
- Supervise and evaluate the performance of employees with established, standardized criteria, recommending training requirements to keep staff at the highest level of skill necessary for meeting company needs and objectives. Participate in selection, hiring, and development of professional, technical, and support staff members.
- Be responsive to airport emergencies and situations that may involve loss of human life or property; support public safety and operational response to emergencies; utilize Incident Management System (ICS}/National Incident Management System (NIMS) protocols and procedures; coordinate and/or participate in after-action emergency de-briefing with appropriate departments and stakeholders.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four year college or university with major course work in environmental engineering, environmental science, environmental planning or similar discipline; an advanced/Master’s degree is preferred.
- A minimum of eight years of recent professional experience as an environmental engineer, scientist, or planner including project/program management experience.
- Experience with Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA) Superfund Sites.
- Five years of progressively responsible management and supervisory experience.
- Any equivalent combination of acceptable training and experience will be considered.
To apply for this job please visit taa.bamboohr.com.